Saturday, February 5, 2011

and the heavens pour

ZOMBIELAND




Running against the wind Playing the cards you get Something is bound to give
-Hope for the Hopeless, A Fine Frenzy


I look at what she has now and I start to wonder. Maybe I'll get a little careless. Maybe I'll start to dream, get a little ambitious, get a little in over my head. But just for a second, indulge me. I'd be working harder than I am now, I'd have more assignments to contend with, more deadlines to meet, more brilliant people to compete with. I'd finish, then I'd begin. But I'd get money.

Oh yes, Money. Don't forget the Money.

I'd be Happy. Maybe. Maybe the Money would make me Happy. It could and well, it probably would. I'd get to go shopping. Or maybe not, maybe I'd be too busy. But I'd be able to afford it. That's important, right?

I'd be able to thank God for everything. I'd be grateful. I'd be hmm. Happy? I suppose.

Maybe I'm being a little too careless by not having a plan. By not wanting a plan. My philosophy is that Jesus will make the way. I will merely follow. Whatever comes will come and hence, I refuse to worry too much about the future. Faithful? Or foolish? Couldn't be both. To say faith is a foolish man's game would be blasphemous. It couldn't be both.

Maybe I'm just lazy. But that doesn't worry me. Not really.

I'm gonna travel the world. I'm gonna make enough money. I'm gonna be fine.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment