For here we stand, my dearest friends / sincerely from our hearts we wish / may streams of sunlight shine like rays of hope / hand in hand we work and strive for the best things in life.
I remember that day. I remember how we huddled in a circle, how our team captain was fighting back tears to show us what strength was, to show us what it meant to be proud of ourselves. I remember how we sang this song together, how we were so choked up we couldn't even form the words. And I remember how then and there, I promised myself that I would never let my team feel this way again. With all power I possessed, I would never let them, my coaches and myself feel this way again.
Since then, it has happened twice.
Oh, irony's a bitch.
Need to get on with life. Need to get over this. No time to feel this way whilst As are impending.
.
No comments:
Post a Comment