Sunday, August 21, 2011

But even at our swiftest speed.


On the back of a motor bike, with your arms outstretched trying to take flight, leaving everything behind. But even at our swiftest speed, we couldn't break from the concrete in the city where we still reside. And I have learned that even landlocked lovers yearn for the sea like navy men. 'Cause now we say goodnight from our own separate sides like brothers on a hotel bed. (DCFC)

I felt like screaming at them but that would've been rude. After all, some social etiquette must be observed from time to time. And so I retreated into my book with blue lines and I wrote how it was driving me crazy that all of them didn't understand and how I wish they would so they could stop living in fear. For their sakes, I said a little prayer, hoping that someday the weight of the sun would burn their hands that no longer would they be able to cling on to their worldly desires. That one day they would let love in. Of course, I am not to judge for, like them, I am perfectly flawed. But I am trying, at least.

Run and tell all of the angels.

..

No comments:

Post a Comment