Been telling myself that I can roll with the changes / and when the water gets high above your head / Darlin', don't you see / whilst this has been hard enough for you / it's been hard enough for me. (Brandon Flowers)
.
.
I've dreamt of the end of the world twice now. Twice I've decided on which material possessions to throw to the ground, twice I've collected the people in my arms and waited, looking into their eyes - some encouraging in affirmation, some terrified, some simply present. This, however, does not put the present in disarray. The present moment is still of due importance.
.
.
"Meaningless! Meaningless!" says the Teacher. "Utterly meaningless! Everything is meaningless." (Oh David, whatever do you mean?)
.
.
If there ever lived a man surfeit of questions, till he was taken ill by an outstanding arrear of unresolved mystery and unsoothed doubt, till he paced the rooms he walked on with a furrowed brow and with calcuated breaths, till he arranged his thoughts in prose and combed his teeth with liquor in the morning, then let that man be prescribed with Thorazine, instead of let erode in a hollow in Honduras.
.
.
I cannot possibly. I am not good enough.
.
.

No comments:
Post a Comment