Monday, January 14, 2013

His Love endures forever

Sunday service: the first song had me in tears. He proclaimed, "Forever I am faithful. Forever I am strong. Forever I am with you. Forever and ever." 

These few weeks have been trying, I won't lie. I've pushed people away, thinking that I'd hurt them less if they'd just forgotten about me or given up trying. But despite my conviction that I'm doing so with best intentions, there is a haunting doubt that pushes through the madness into my conscience and it is telling me to sober up. This isn't working. I need these people and maybe, just maybe, they need me too. 

Even though I haven't spent time with You, thank you for remaining faithful to me. Even though so many times I've cried out against my own lack of strength, been run to the bone, been too tired to open my eyes to look toward tomorrow, thank you for being my shield and strong tower. Even though I've wrapped myself up in my sorrows, anguish and troubles, hiding from the world and You in a desperate attempt to keep it together, thank you for being with me. Forever and ever.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment