Yesterday surprised me. With his back turned to me, I closed my eyes and said a little prayer. I wasn't prepared for the session. I didn't know what to expect but I did expect the worse. As he worked his way down the list, his eyes reading and his lips thinking, I dug my fingernails into the side of my thigh, bracing for impact, anticipating sudden and utter revelation. But alas, nothing. Yeah sure, they looked down on my hope. But hope is beautiful and it is surely (and hell can be sure about this) powerful.
Criticism often repels off me like a tiny kid with tiny ineffectual fists in a fully-inflated bouncy castle. And as it ricochets from my skin, it sublimates into angry hot anger which propels itself towards anyone within my vicinity. So, yes, I asked for humility. But the review was. encouraging.
For many reasons, I don't want this semester to end. Have I really gotten this old this quickly? Hot potato.
No comments:
Post a Comment