Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Haunting mass appeal

As if I'm not already formidable with the God of Everything at my side, I think this being in the media thing gives me super powers. Even though there's the whole debate about the effects of media, and how magical the Magic Bullet really is, I am convinced that the media holds great power in changing people, changing the world. We change minds, but not in that obnoxious, "ram it down your throat", "shove it in your face", "slip you some pills when you're in the toilet" way. I mean, brute force works and admittedly, saves a whole lot of ingenuity and sneaky-sneaky business. But where's the art in that, where's the finesse. We media practitioners (yupp, using the term like I own it) practise sleight of hand - blink and you'll miss it. Insidious, but without all that negativity hanging around the word. Surreptitiously? Clandestine-ly? I don't know what the word is but you get it. Being in media is kinda awesome, and I'm just realising that now.

So yeah, don't mass with mess media.

Watch out for it.
Pun totally intended.

No comments:

Post a Comment