Thursday, May 8, 2014

Happy trails to you

Have I told you lately that I'm beginning to see more and more of myself in my mother?

I rushed through two papers this time because I wasn't interested in what I was writing. Never have I been this disinterested in doing well in school.

Have I told you that I've been watching Grey's and that I'm currently waiting for the new episode to come out so that I can find out how Cristina plans on leaving the show without a hoot, without a blip.

Whilst the conversations on the outside lose their traction, the talking on the inside grow stronger, louder, like a conversation turned argument, like a crashing wave against a bloated, cold, beached whale.

Have I told you about my plans to go to New York? I want to catch a Broadway show - it's a blissful marriage of music and theatre, and I've heard that New York's nice. It's so nice they named it twice, right?

I've been wanting to tell you about this thing that I've been dealing with. It's not a big deal, it's not even about me. I just want to be able to tell you these things so that I'd know that you know. It doesn't make sense, I know.

Vitasoy is back at a store near me. It's still big and boxy, substantial, just the way I remember it. But they've cut the sugar. I despise that. It doesn't taste as nice anymore. Healthy for whom, I say.

I've stripped my room of myself and I'm moving out tomorrow. I look back on this semester and remember the good stuff. All good things, all good things.

Happy trails to you, keep smiling until then. Happy trails to you, until we meet again.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment