Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Video killed the radio star.

I have tried many times to publish my post on the NLB debacle but it has never met print. And I have decided that it never shall. Not because I am 'bigoted', as many have surmised from our preferred choice of radio silence, but because I believe there are no number of words that will show you what our intentions truly were when we asked for the books to be removed from the shelves.

Except, maybe just these nine: "I'm sorry for the way things have turned out."

Trust me, I have anguished over the online debates. I have crafted arguments of my own, I have taken many deep breaths to calm myself from the ridiculous things I read, both from Christians and non-Christians alike. I have been perplexed, to say the least. Because those who hate us misunderstand us, and those who support us (or think they support us) make horrific an already-ugly situation.

So, this is my quick-fix.

I hereby follow in obedience to the bible and speak of the truth that I believe in: I am relieved that the books are no longer readily available to children, although a compromise could probably have been struck by placing the books in another section. That is, of course, not to say that I condone the normalising of LGBT activities, because, like all sin, repentance is imperative. And I say 'we', including myself in our human wretchedness, because I count myself equal to gays, lesbians, bisexuals and transexuals. And, truly, I am sorry if you don't agree with me.

But just because I don't agree with you, doesn't mean I don't love you.

You argue with logic, we argue with faith. It's an impasse, it's clear to see, and it's not personal.
.




No comments:

Post a Comment