I must've heard the song at least a 100 times but that day, listening to 3 Rounds and a Sound after all those months gave me chills. And they sang my night into dewy 4AM silence. They sang my soul into fireflies aglow, like timber hollows from a deep forest.
And then they sang 'till kingdom come'. Till kingdom come. And I stopped. Because I must've heard the song at least a 100 times but I've never heard 'till kingdom come' sung in that way before. Sung as if he was speaking to God. Till kingdom come. I've heard that expression many a times but I've never wondered what it meant. But kingdom come. "Your kingdom come, Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven." Till kingdom come means till the end of the world. I've never wondered what that meant, and now I know.
I know how frustrating it is when someone is uncontactable. Especially when you're liable for that person's ennui. But sometimes it's not laziness. Receiving and having to respond to messages can sometimes be.. cumbersome. Especially when you're using a phone that's only good for Oven Break and other more practical, grown-up stuff. Like SoundHound. Been without phone since Tuesday, which makes this day cuatro. I kinda feel guilty for whomever's been trying to contact me/stalking my last seen timestamps or.. what's it now? Blue ticks? But that guilt stems from the fact that it feels liberating to be without a phone. Like really good. Am tempted to try this for another week. Wouldn't want to be burnt at the stake for embracing the social taboo though.
Boo, taboo, boo.
Feeling slightly down because of matters unrelated. Frankly speaking, feeling slightly sorry for myself and wallowing in self-pity. Practically swimming in it. Like a Facebook user in Pirate Kings requests. Guess I should be thankful that I've been dealt the "ballistic breakout", "irrational, volatile moods" and "wild hunger pangs" cards instead of the "ROFC (Roll On Floor Cramping)" card.
Things could be worse.
No comments:
Post a Comment