Monday, January 12, 2015

Something sweet, almost kind


R: Have I gained your trust?
N: On certain things
R: Does it include waking up for bfast?
N: Haha no
R: Does it include protecting you when in danger?
N: Haha you only dreamt about it. Idk if you can do it in real life
R: I will try

Many sweet nothings that count for naught when I consider how little you respect what I say.

This post will be a mosaic of issues unrelated in a bid to stitch together the time that has lapsed since my last contribution to this page. Don't worry, fellow oxygen-takers, I have not abandoned this venture for yet another romantic notion of art.

Unbeknownst to me not till recently, I have developed a healthy disregard for coincidence. To accept coincidence is to give in to a degree of skepticism, to render the definition of 'fate' obsolete and to discombobulate intention with luck. And I will have none of it. Because I believe in the omnipotence and goodness of God, and He has seen too many dimensions to be caught off-guard by the mischievous misdeeds of coincidence. For He knows the plans He has for me, nothing is coincidental.

This is one of the many things I have learnt in the year that has recently passed.

Another truth that I've had to learn, or perhaps even relearn, is that love really does trump all. The choice of love is sometimes a more romantic notion than romance itself. It sometimes brings more pain than love - yes, the choice to love is not always lovely. It can be costly and inefficient. But in the end, if we have faith, it (and we) will prevail. And it's in 2014 that I was taught to choose love over all else - to choose friendship over being right, to choose pain over pride. To choose another person over oneself. And yes, it hurt and it took a while, a while that didn't seem worth it. But in the end, here I am with friendships intact and many more years to look forward to.

What 2015 has in store for me, I know but little. Whatever it is though, it's gonna be according to plan. So, let's go.



No comments:

Post a Comment