Monday, March 13, 2017

I knew you once.

I don't know when it began but I remember forgetting when I started to have this thought. This thought about becoming who "I used to be" again. "I'm not like this," I'd say to people, or to myself. I'm a happy person. I'm energetic and loud, outspoken and friendly. I love being the centre of attention. This quiet, reclusive, introspective, tired version of me is not me. One day, you'll see me again. You'll meet her and you'll like her. Just wait. I'm waiting too.

But I think I'm wrong. I don't think I should be waiting for that me to return any more than I should be embracing this me now. This is me. Why ever should I be waiting?

Alex said that our personalities are seasonal. I don't quite believe that but who knows. Maybe he's right. Maybe it's time I stopped waiting for normal - what is normal anyway? Maybe it's time I got used to the fact that this is me.

And I better get with the programme cuz God has plans.



No comments:

Post a Comment