
I'd like to make myself believe
that planet earth turns slowly.
it's hard to say that I'd rather stay awake when I'm asleep
because my dreams are bursting at the seams.
- Fireflies, Owl City
17th December, Thursday
I was sorting through some un-filed papers on my desk today. Came across some things, thought I would share it with you guys. (They're mostly drawings, so bear with me)

I drew this on a napkin when I was at Ang Mo Kio Library with Sylvia Look aka Tim. We were at the cafe, studying for EOYs during the one week break in September. Very stressful period as a lot of you remember. "La Vie en Rose" is a title of the song that Liting and I discovered in the French show "Love me if you dare". Liting thought it was fantastic, I'm ok with it. We couldn't get the song out of our system for weeks. Also, I have yet to complete my dare of fully memorising the song, in French. Oh well she hasn't done hers yet; until she buys a condom/pregnancy tester, La Vie en Rose will have to wait.
Ah yes, the weeks and weeks of never-ending La Vie en Rose.

Remember this? This may look familiar, and that's probably because you've either seen me making these in class, or bought one from our booth during ORA. For that, I thank you very much. ORA was not at all fun for me. It was frustrating, discouraging and disappointing. But I learn from The Beatles: "I get by with a little help from my friends". and I tried with a little help from my friends. If I got a dollar for every compliment my friends gave me for my art, I'd be rich enough to retire now. So I thank you, my dear friends, because what you gave me was priceless.
Just for the record though, I am never doing this for ORA again. ever.

Project: Come up with a design for Batch T-shirt.
I don't remember how I was feeling when I embarked on this project, but I'm guessing pretty darn annoyed. "Too cool for School", hmm I'm thinking that they just gave us a lecture on how fringe must be above the eyebrows, lest we look like perpetual slutty morons, with no morals, and total disregard for self-respect and discipline. or, you know, something along those lines. I guess I often draw out of fits of emotion, but if you think that's a bad thing, you think wrong. As Fall Out Boy once sang: So long live the car crash hearts. Cry on the couch, all the poets come to life. You think emotionally invalid zombies make good artists? no gurl, no.
Needless to say, this project was abandoned. But either way, batch 2009 is kinda freaking awesome.

At the start of the year, I made a pact with Liting that we'd be 'Yes' men for the year i.e we'd take chances, and say yes to any challenge that might be foolish enough to face us. That led to Earth Day outing, Milo Triathlon, auditioning for school musical etc. So she suggested that I try designing an outfit for this dance school, for some competition they were having. I tried, several times, but to no avail. I realised, at that time, I was having a drawing block. Which is preposterous, because I never get drawing blocks. never ever. But I'm not making excuses, just melancholic about my inability to commit, that resulted in failure, and a very sad looking mime.
I miss Liting ): She's in London now. Please come home soon, dearie.

This was drawn after EOY results. Self-explanatory. Small drawing at the bottom reads: no, nothing's the matter. Why do you ask? (a small IOU note where brain should have been haha.)

And lastly, this is netball carnival, 410 gameplan 2009. 七强 represents our strongest 7 players i.e our strongest team. The arrows indicate the same thing. haha 3rd placing is not bad at all, not bad at all, fourten.
oh I miss you already, fourten. though I kinda ended if off (for myself) on a bumpy, weird, rickety note.
well that's 2009 for you, I guess.
PS click on images to enlarge if necessary. thankew and gudbye.
(: i just discovered your blog! i feel like a major loser. but okay i will do my dare. name the date and bring the video cam!
ReplyDelete