Day 7: Favorite cover of your favorite song
I don't really like covers. Usually, covers are remade to "help" songs become modern, pop-er, hip, with the times and it's during this transformation that people forget the original artists, the true geniuses, the die-hards and the martyrs. And the people who latch onto these remodeled songs think they're so cool, just because they know the name of the cover artist, the title of the song, and maybe a few catchy lines to the chorus.
I bet at least 6/10 of the people don't know the original artist to "don't stop believing". I bet they think it was written for Glee. if not, I bet they don't care because knowing "she's just a small town girl living in a lonely world" is sufficient to keep themselves buoyant in the 'I'm hip and cool' pool.
sorry, one of my pet-peeves. don't mind me.
But I guess some covers are okay, especially when they receive credit where it's due. This is my favourite cover of Fireflies, Owl City. though it wouldn't be accurate to say that Fireflies is my 'favourite' song. It's just (really)x good, x being wumba.
technology gets me down.
No comments:
Post a Comment