Thursday, April 29, 2010

our dreams assured and we all, will sleep well, will sleep well.

Day 15: A moment, phrase, or song that has changed your life the most.

6 "do not be anxious in anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

Philippians 4:6-7

Typically, I would have chosen song lyrics, because yes, sometimes I can be a self-indulgent romantic. But if I were to be honest with myself, then no, religion has changed my life the most, I think. Not music, not movie-star catch-phrases, not pointless arbitrary poetry. And well, definitely not life itself.

Many a times we get impatient with God; do we see His presence in the "no"s He gives us, or is it only in the "yes"s do we truly believe, do we truly have 'faith'? We try to carry the weight of the sun on our shoulders, but if mortal < omnipotent, omnipresent Son, Father & Holy Spirit, then what have we to fear? Then what have we to be anxious about?

All you Christians out there know you're guilty of this. But have faith, even if the world gives you all the reasons not to, have faith in God.

Because if He is for us, who, then, can be against us?

No comments:

Post a Comment