Day 28: A moment you remember being completely happy in and a description of why you believe you were. What is your definition of happiness?
There was this day when the weather was just the perfect opal, with just the right clouds in all the right places. There was the wind and then there was the wet sand beneath my feet. We were at the beach and I wasn't with people I loved, I wasn't with people I knew, I wasn't with anyone that meant anything to me. But for once, that was what I needed. To not remember who I was, or who knew me, or how much people knew about me.
We stood at the edge of the water, our toes losing a bit of ground every time the waves retreated onto land to swallow a little bit more of the shore. We were throwing corn kernels into the ocean, handfuls and handfuls of yellow, being tossed over our laughter and over the winds into the water. We laughed as the wind stole it into the grey sky, we laughed as we felt the sweet tinge of rainy air on our cheeks. And at that moment, I was simply and utterly happy.
Many people may disagree, but I think happiness is about being content. Simple in theory, near impossible in practice. Contentment, oh to be content, how many times have you ever simply been content?
Tiny vessels oozed into your neck
And formed the bruises
That you said you didn't want to fade
But they did, and so did I that day
- DCFC, Tiny Vessels
Have spent far too much money on my buddy for invest/final night. Guess I got a little too carried away. He'd better like it, else I'd just fall down and cry. Sigh, but he's sick now, hopefully he'll be well enough to come for rehearsals tomorrow, much less invest. Get well soon, Hong Fei.
number of days: 2!
No comments:
Post a Comment