
A true leader doesn't choose the empowered, but rather empowers the chosen.
Sleeping helps a lot.
It helps with the nausea and the headaches. It helps with retaining a seat on an already too crowded MRT with already too presumptuous oldies. It helps when your eyes are tired.
It helps with the tiredness. Period.
It helps with ignoring your dad. It helps with the slow day that you wish would just end already. It helps with the 12 midnights to the 6.50 AMs. It helps with the fantasies that don't exist in the waking world. It helps you evade the problems of the world, at best, momentarily, but it also helps with the realisation that upon awakening, you'll still have them to contend with.
It helps with prophetic dreams. It helps with God because what we don't believe with our eyes in broad daylight, we believe in faith in dreams.
It helps with deriving inspiration, your subconscious harbouring figments of absurdity that would otherwise scare you should they surface when you're awake. But when asleep, they make for a good storybook to entertain and impress the men, and terrify the boys.
and sometimes, on not-so-rare occasions, it joins forces with the rain, and helps you in more ways than anyone could care to describe.
Sometimes I sleep not because I want to, or because I have to. I sleep because I can.
and sometimes I'm content with that, for there exists no better reason why I shouldn't sleep. Take time to sleep, my friends, for the dream realm holds much promise for us all, and maybe just for a while, we need to immerse our bodies and minds in a world where school doesn't exist, where deadlines and lecture theatres are a distant concept.
Go to sleep.
No comments:
Post a Comment