They never teach you to tell someone you don't like their ideas. It always has to be tactful, indirect and sensitive. Euphemistic, I think. But they never teach you how to say: screw you, your idea sucks. At least, not in a girls school they don't.
They never teach you to smile when you feel like it, and not when you don't. I always have to smile at people in the corridors, only because it's a social norm. It doesn't mean anything to me and the worse thing is, she knows it too. When a chimp bears its teeth, its a sign of fear. I want to smile at you because I'm genuinely happy to see you. Not because society dictates it to be so.
They never teach you about love. No, it doesn't exist. no no no no no no no no no.
They never teach you to deal with isolationism. It's not that they ignore me, it's just that they don't care. Impersonal, cold, insincere. Ever had someone look at you, yet look right through you? To have felt alone in a crowded room is to truly understand the meaning of loneliness.
and then I wonder what I do learn in school.
270 days
.
No comments:
Post a Comment