Being present for your graduation is just one of those things. Like a ceremony we wear around our wrists, whether it's a bangle or a loose piece of candy string, sparkly or dull, it's one of those things that doesn't really mean anything when you're falling off a cliff or crashing through your windscreen as the glass splinters around you in slow motion, but nonetheless, it's a call to sanity and a soundness of mind that we're students and school is a phase that will eventually pass. The people and the little things, they will pass. And because I'm a person of starts and ends, I'd like my cup of closure with some biscotti, if you don't mind.
Now I understand your irony. And although I'm all about the macabre and the cynical, and I love a romantic incongruence in logic just as much as the next person, I can't help but feel angry. Mostly at myself. and then at one of those things. Those things that just happen. And no one explains it because it's too much shit for too little good and as rational consumers, we say nay.
Because God has been gracious to me, I cannot be the hateful person behind every screen with lights in the world beyond the doors of my house. Because His world demands more. It deserves more, damn it. And I need to be a better person over all and stop bringing my self-loathe into a world which just can't take anymore shit from people like me.
No comments:
Post a Comment