and then it rained glorious rain. and everything felt the same just as it had always been. just as the night and the deep blue sea should always, always feel. It was cold and it was quiet. and it was right. I let it chase me, let it blue me. Let the cold run through my knuckles, flowing into the lines that give me life and freedom. and it was breathlessness, delirium worth three years. The time the sun made freckles out of pigment. Right then I believed I could go back, to take back these two years. To take back every wrong thing I've said, every feeling I knew I couldn't keep. I remember everything I don't want to and I can't help but let it kill me because you don't.
I think it's time I started practising what I preach. In case everything I have ever wanted, and everything that I will ever, ever want, is right here and right now, I'm glad I'm realising that at eighteen.
Open up my eager eyes, 'cause I'm Mr Brightside.
.

No comments:
Post a Comment