Thursday, January 19, 2012

her soul slides away.

"17 Though the fig trees may not blossom, nor fruits be on the vines; Though the labour of the olive may fail, and the fields yield no food; Though the flock may be cut off from the fold, and there be no herd in the stalls - 18 Yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will joy in the Lord of my salvation." Habakkuk 3:17-18


Oh, a penny for your thoughts but a dollar for your insides. Dolorous, dolorous! Silly child, you are learned - be joyous in hope. Be joyous in hope.


There are many things that I have tried saying out loud. I have tried truths, whole truths and half truths alike. I speak them in monologues, I speak them in soliloquies; always yearning for answers, but almost too afraid to hear them spoken back to me. If I owned an ocean, I would use it well till its edges were fluffy. The sea would understand, but the wind would forget, and these truths would be but swallowed in the sea.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment