Sunday, August 12, 2012

The winds of change are blowing wild and free.


We raced past walls of concrete and plaster and I knew, I knew what exactly they were. They weren't people, not the laughter or the fun, not the memories the heartaches the feelings, the lessons learnt, the hurdles jumped, not the tears cried nor the books we read, not the hopes we had, the talk of greatness, of boldness or being brave, not the late nights or the long hours, the hard work, teamwork, push-ups, paint and drums. No, they are not two years worth of living, two years worth of anything. They are walls and plaster, slick and cold. We raced past them and I knew that the time had come. It no longer mattered where I'd been or who we were. This is now and this is what matters now.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment