Saturday, August 11, 2012

110812

We broke each other in with our words and any shadow of a doubt (mostly, presumably on my part) was punctured by the sheer familiarity of yesteryears. He thanked God and I thanked God for him for that. We promised that we'd pray and that we wouldn't lose ourselves, Skype and other pervasive social media forbid. I had forgotten how clever he was. Perhaps I never did hold enough credit to his name for reasons I shall withdraw from disclosing. Nonetheless, that mistake was today rectified. "I'd buy all of you out of school then you'd be able to do anything you want" was his promise. Ambition has served him well thus far (be it the exuberance or lack of, depending on how you look at it) but I feared for his wayward ways and his hackneyed, pithy grouses. After all, we're all part of the system and the system can be what we make it out to be. I choose to believe so. Be wary of the way our renegade eyes dart and let us not struggle against a force that may be left unaroused.

Seek first His kingdom and His righteousness.

No comments:

Post a Comment