I attribute it to all my years of schooling that I think. School has taught me to be dissatisfied, to seek clarity, to chase down truths, to be unprepared to settle for ambiguity. But in view of what education in Singapore is turning out to be, or at least for me personally, I believe that there has to exist a rule that binds the Dr Frankensteins of this world to the monsters that they create. To confer upon them responsibility that they should take care of, feed and see these monsters through if not to societal acceptance, then at least to self sustenance. So maybe I've stopped taking my questions public because I don't believe that they'd be answered anyway and maybe I've skipped over the things that don't make sense to me because it won't be tested.
But so what. It's not like I have anything to prove anymore. "Many big things" will come and go and eventually, we'll forget that these things were ever meaningless to begin with.
I miss Europe.
.
No comments:
Post a Comment