It felt weird, to be at the front with the bossman and the small girl and a group of freshies, wide-eyed, eager, brilliant and foolish all at once before us. We were loose pieces to an incomplete puzzle and the two of us were pieces of the sky - just blue, nothing else that would place us anywhere in the picture to serve any importance whatsoever. And yet, we were present. We were present to hear him talk about the past year. No visual aid was necessary, my reverie sufficed. I don't remember a lot of things but when it counts, I keep them in my head like a silent movie with colour, over-exposure and rainbows. I always add the rainbows. Because 3 months on and I'm not so sure JCRC was such a bad idea after all. There are so many things I would have done differently and yet so many things I wouldn't change. Well, now that I'm here. I play the trump card, I play the benefit of hindsight. So, so many things.
I'm jealous of the younguns who will get the unencumbered liberty of having a choice. They will feel as if having a choice is a burden but they will later realise that they were right. I'm glad I didn't say no. Despite everything. I would give it all back just to do it again.
No comments:
Post a Comment