Monday, September 22, 2014

I know I've been a liar, I know I've been a fool.

"I won't be able to see you as much anymore"
"Well.. who asked you to run as president."

I replied full-knowing that I shouldn't have said that. But I did so anyway not out of spite, not out of anger, not even in jest. I said so because it was a matter of fact. Things have come this far and all we can do now is accept it and carry on. My heart burned with reluctance as I turned to leave. I am going to miss you and as much as a part of me wants to blame you for doing this, I have to stop myself lest I make the mistake of thinking that this is about me.

You and your new friends, they look nice and shiny. Squeaky clean and ready to go. Go be the change you always talked about. And all the while, know that I'll be on this side looking on with pride and admiration.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment