If I don't say this now, I will surely break. Not to be melodramatic but I can't think of a single person I can tell this to because the ones I know would listen wouldn't understand, and the ones that understand are not the ones I want to tell.
So these are things I would say to people if I could just muster the energy (and the balls):-
We cannot proceed without an answer. This would reflect badly on us. It would not be fair to the juniors as they wouldn't have a leader.
YOU are the leader. What does 'fairness' have to do with this?! Would they run asunder in lost, confused circles without a Vice-President candidate? It frustrates me that people lend their lives to the rigid confines of structure and method. There are millions of ways around this problem if you'd only care to take them into consideration instead of crossing your fingers and hoping for the best out of the carnage that has unfolded. Truly, I do not understand how this is unfair to the juniors. This, in my opinion, benefits you to a large extent, without regard for the final year student who has done this for two years and who is clearly reluctant to do it again. More than pity for you, I feel resentment towards your cunning manoeuvres and box-like cognition. Not everything is a 'can' or 'cannot'. You go think about that.
Small issue. It's ok.
No, it isn't. Stop brushing everything off like it's a joke and take what I'm saying seriously. Please, just grant me that one respite.
I know this is selfish but I truly don't know what to do. I cannot let go of this opportunity full knowing that I could eventually come to regret it. I'd be haunted by the 'what-if's.
I am most disappointed in you. You show no tenacity. You are, if ever a person could be, devoid of resistance. And I (unfortunately) despise people who, in the interest of their own self-preserving motives and/or inability to 'suck it up', bring harm to people whom they are meant to protect. All these months, you have acted selfishly and I have allowed that. I have allowed you to use me as your emotional bolster, I have put your needs before mine. In my time of need, you prioritised yourself before me, and I swallowed it whole, like a pill. Like it'd remedy me instead. But this has gone too far and I am utterly disappointed in you. You very well know what you need to do so don't you dare relinquish responsibility by claiming ignorance.
I ran out of words today. I clammed up and I didn't want to talk anymore. I yearned for a stillness in the air, for a breath of clarity, for the method in the madness.
God, why are people so selfish. And when will this all end?
No comments:
Post a Comment