Sunday, February 8, 2015
The safest place to hide
Underneath the late afternoon sun, I sat in quiet solitude under the trees that granted me shade. The wind coaxed wisps of my hair loose from my ponytail as they danced gently across my cheek. I imagined myself to look very elegant but I just as well might have looked like a crazy person with messy hair. I don't confirm anything.
But sitting on that bench in that breath of silence, I felt the stillness I have often talked about. And God reminded me to be still and know that He is God. And that if He is God, He can do anything. He could mend a broken heart. He could take away the emptiness that comes from a desire that must not be realised. And oh, how I long for You to do that right now, Lord. How I need that instant respite.
Lord, I will be still. Please, I recognise Your Lordship. Please, take these feelings away.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment