Sunday, March 1, 2015

He is able

Well, I've finally done it. After so many months of debate, I've finally thrown in the towel, given it up. Walked away.

I mean, not to be dramatic or anything. We were friends. We shared a friendship. We're still friends. The friendship is simply different now. Yes. It's not a question of better or worse. It's just different.

We've spent so much time together these past few months that right now, as I'm trying to get used to a life with less (and not none) of you, I'm having quite a hard time. Everything reminds me of you - of the conversations we've had, of the things we used to do together, of the places we've been.

Watching soccer every morning during bfast and you teaching me about all there was to know about the leagues (not that I remember very much about anything you said), picturing you eating prata at the Prata House after you identified your supper place as "that shop near the Holy Spirit church", competing on Where's Wally whilst waiting in line - all that hurts, all that makes me think of you.

But it'll get better. And as I sang "God is here" in church today, I choked up because I felt as if God was there to comfort me. "Hush now, my child," He said, "I know you're sad. But God is here. I am here. Don't cry."

I probably will cry a few more times over the next few days/weeks/months (I promise nothing). But I know things will get better. God is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment