
(because sometimes a gigantic hand is the wakeup call we need)
I was watching this show on MTV yesterday called "My Super Sweet Sixteen". the show followed filthy rich "16-year-old-to-be"s around, watching as they prepared for their 16th birthday. From the buying of their $1200 dresses, to their tiring tantrums, and then, of course, to the receiving of their brand new cars.
don't really know why I was watching it. I guess because i need a little more material for daydreams on being a princess. Or just a rich-ass lady. Y'know, whichever's fine.
It. Was. INSANE.
They would order for a whole clubhouse to be built just for their birthday. With a pool, mind you, have flamingos flown in, book Madonna to attend the party, buy a $1200 dress like she were buying eggs, you name it, they've done it. or they're probably spending more money to have it done.
It makes me sick in the gut thinking about how these people could throw money into the oceans and have people kiss their feet. whilst on the other side of the world, people are dying because they don't have enough to fill their stomachs.
in Ireland: "If I'm not getting this car, I'm gonna throw a fit."
in Africa: "If I'm not getting some food, I'm gonna die. I guess."
HOW CAN THIS BE HAPPENING!?
You see the drawing at the top? that's what I feel like doing now. just going up to that girl and smacking her upside her head. Slap some sense into her stupid, smug face, into her selfish little head. ah shit.
won't someone help them?
if there's nothing to give,
but how can we ask for more?
- Damien Rice, Delicate
omg. that rich freak sounds like a right asshole. but then again, how different are we from them. i mean, she's richer, duh, but we're still well-off enough to help the poor right. But we're so cocooned in our own world and education, what really are we doing. so like. cant judge i guess. heh -algernon.
ReplyDeletethe thing is though,
ReplyDeletethat they have it in excess. And I would help if I had heaping amounts of cash but I don't, now do I? I would seriously help if I could but 1) it's not my money so it's not for me to spend and 2) my family can't afford to raise another. ): but I get what you mean, there are just too many people doing too little.
omg. yes i was watching that idiotic show too. in my episode, she gets two dresses designed and tailored for her by the person who did so for moulin rouge, throws a tantrum over something...was it her venue, now? and gets a brand new swarovski crystals studded phone and car *duh* and nicole kidman, chamillionaire, and ne-yo wish her happy birthday. oh and can i say she dumped her bf right before her party for this other guy who made her a mixtape (wow what a display of affection) possibly for screen time on the show. and she wore a bikini and got into her hot tub with her friends while her mom gave them a presentation on what the party's gonna be like. they treat their parents like crap yknow. no no i take that back, they treat them like atm machines.
ReplyDeleteand the EXACT same question popped in my head: what are these spoilt, ungrateful, goodfornutin brats doing in this world? taking up precious space and resources.
i plan to do my bit for charity too when i have the chance, as i'm sure you are too :) i'm so glad we actually have a conscience.