Friday, October 23, 2009

'cos I'll keep singing this lie if you'll keep believing it. I'll keep singing this lie.

TGFWHAT?

and here it goes again. People, we need to stop complaining, just for a second. I beg of you, please stop.

If you're that unhappy with the school system/ the f*ucking school/ the way things have been run, then I'm sorry for you. And maybe it is a blessing that you're finally leaving, maybe that way you'll finally be at peace. But I know I'm not eager to leave.

Okay so maybe I like that I'm in RGS instead of some second-rate school, which I pretty much would have ended up in if not for DSA and tabletennis. And maybe I like that RGS holds big events just because they live to be theatrical and they thrive on the drama. And maybe I like the fact that they not only prepare, but instead, over prepare, over do it, just to ensure that on the day of the event, everything runs smoothly, like a well-oiled machine.

yes, I like it that way. Yes, that's why I love RGS. If that makes me a nerd, so be it. If that makes me "un-cool", so be it.

I wouldn't complain about having to work on a massive prop for Arts Fest. I'd take it that they thought I was the best one for the job and obviously, recruited me because they believed that I would do a good job, and that none other would come close to what I would achieve. Why in the world would I be upset? If anything, I'd be honoured.

I wouldn't complain about going for Farewell Assembly rehearsals because I know how important rehearsals are. If practice makes perfect, then why aren't we trying harder? and I may be wrong, but isn't this farewell for the sec 4s? Why are we raging war when they're not even the ones we're fighting?

I don't think that prom is "over-rated" or "irrelevant". and I don't think that the System needs pimply, adolescent teens 'fighting' them by being abstinent and refusing to attend prom. You say you want to make a statement. About what? About how the school has provided us with a substantial education for these 4 years and has tried to accommodate our needs as best we requested? Or about how the school opens too early and closes too damn late like all the other IP schools? Or, for about the millionth time, that the canteen food sucks balls?

you guys are saying all these things but do you even hear yourselves?

whatever, don't go for prom. you wouldn't be missed either way. Fight the system, die trying for all I care.

in a world where everything were perfect, nothing would be.

Are we growing up or just going down?
It's just a matter of time until we're all found out
Take our tears, put them on ice
Cause I swear I'd burn this city down to show you the light
- Fall Out Boy, Sophomore Slump or Comeback of the Year

1 comment:

  1. HI NAT
    hahahah i finally figured (ok call me slow) how to post comment on this thingum :) JUST WANTED TO SAY HI.
    SEE YOU ON MON
    <3, liqi

    ReplyDelete