What kind of news headlines would you like to see? Just because "no news is good news", doesn't mean one can't hope for something a little more explicit.
If I could write the world:

That'll be the day, won't it? And don't get me wrong, I do acknowledge the existence of other diseases and illnesses and all that but what the heck, the world needs to win a big one. now.

and the most infuriating thing is it isn't even that difficult. We're simply not trying.

Hopefully I won't have to tell my grandchildren stories of icebergs and the arctics. Hopefully I won't be dead before I get grandchildren. haha.

Fingers crossed, ladies. hahaha. I do hate being a woman sometimes, I do declare.

If I remember the bible correctly, this shouldn't happen any time soon. "Soon" being in 2 years time. In the case that I'm wrong, or God forbid, the bible has been misinterpreted by us, we shouldn't panic and run from it. We should embrace it, think of how we would, no, should spend these few days. If my Chinese fails me not, 视死如归 is the 成语 we should all abide by if come 2012 we should die.
and then Maybe one day, in a perfectly hypothetical perfect world, we'd wake up, pour ourselves a nice steaming cup of coffee (or at least hot cocoa), with a song in our heads, a smile on our lips, birds chirping, sunlight streaming in through the curtains, and see this headliner:

As Mahatma Gandhi once said: Be the change you want to see in the world. Be somebody for someone today, do something for somebody today. and if anything else, believe you will be that somebody you want to see yourself as one day.
Hold your head high heavy heart
Save your strength for the morning after.
So take a chance and make it big,
Cause it's the last you'll ever get.
If we don't take it, when will we make it?
I make plans to break plans,
And I've been planning something big,
planning something big,
planning.
- The phrase that pays, The Academy Is...
i don't think it's possible for me to agree more. esp headline no 6. :)
ReplyDeletei think i'll spend 21st dec 2012 just the way i've been spending the rest of my life. after all, aren't we supposed to be living our life to its fullest? as if every day could be our last?
I fully agree, Nan. Though sometimes I wish it were easier said than done.
ReplyDelete