Monday, May 10, 2010

But I'm thinking of what Sarah said -

Day 22: Someone you would give your life up for without question

My sister



No questions asked, no "what-if"s.

We share this recurring joke, that whenever we complete each other's sentences, be the only two people who get the joke say the same thing at the same time do the exact same thing with uncanny synchronization share glances from across the table, we'd have to end if off with a

"that's why you're my sister."

not "because you're my sister" or "wow, you could be my sister!", but "that's why you're my sister". Because God planned it all, He planned it all, and that's why we are sisters.

I would give up my life for her any time, any day.

I finally get it: love is watching someone die
it's like 'til death do us part', I'll be there to share your every moment, even your very last.

Got this off from that website that has people talking about the meaning in lyrics:

Burkey
"As far as I can remember reading somewhere, this song is based on Ben's friend (in real life) Sarah. She was walking along with her partner one day when she suddenly burst into tears for apparently no reason. Her parent asked her what was up, and she said she'd just realised that some day, one of them is going to have to watch the other one die, hence how Sarah said "love is watching someone die"."

That's DCFC for you. Perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment