The 29ths had their final night last night. It breaks my heart to hear them bid their farewells, to take one good look at what they've got now, and then turn away.
"...it's a kind of urgency and I don't really know what it is. I guess it must be love."
- Han Lyn
I'll never forget the scene of last night; with the 29ths in a circle, "29" lighted up in candles, singing quietly, crying. In that moment, there was nothing to think about. It was merely aesthetic, all you could do was watch, and try not to cry yourself.
30ths, 362 days, and counting.
Yu Da is incredible. No one really knows the man behind the costume, and I am so privileged to have him as my house buddy. He is the nicest guy in the history of my world. And he's Griffles, which makes him 2 times as awesome. There's something peaceful about him that makes talking to him dream-esque.
whilst sitting in the CCAD storeroom, where the world outside wouldn't be able to see us because of it's shaded interior. only if you came really close, could you then intrude into our bubble of isolation...
Griffles: I wanted to be a marine biologist last time.
me: uhhuh, and then?
Griffles: my brother said then I'd have to give up my family, and my social life. Because I'd have to go to the ends of the world (laughs) or something like that.
me: *nods* yeah that's true.
Griffles: and I'd meet a lot of new people, but I'd never get to really know them...
me:
Griffles:
me: I like that, I mean, that's so sad; meeting so many people but never really knowing them.
Griffles: yeah, tell me about it.
me:
Griffles: tell me about it *gestures towards the Griffles costume*
I love how he's in the business of making people (like me) happy. And he loves it so much, he wanted to be Griffles the first time he saw him. Yu Da is incredible.
30ths, 362 days, and counting.
How are we going to make a difference in the school. By doing what? By being what? There's no time like the present. Let's make these 365 days count.
No comments:
Post a Comment