Monday, October 1, 2012

Love, will you ever forgive me/I'm still learning how to love

Yesterday, I finally understood what it meant to put Jesus at the centre of everything. I must be here for a reason. Whether my purpose is for the present or for the future, I have a reason for being here today and now. And He will use me powerfully and mightily - why wouldn't He? That's the whole reason I'm alive right now, isn't it. Never before has it been this clear to me.

"Consider what I say, and may the Lord give you understanding in all things." 2 Timothy 2:7

And when I realised that, I discovered a yearning I've never felt before - to want to be great, impossibly amazing where I am now and at what I do now. Not for the fame, not for the recognition but for Him. To be used by Him, to be the salt of the earth and the light of the world. And now everything makes complete sense. I am here to be an agent of change, of love, a bringer of truth and light. I am here for a purpose. 

Therefore, let us all have immense joy in what we're doing and where we are today. Let us encourage each other to be better for Him, to be hopeful and joyous, loving and kind. Let us not grouse, or encourage self-pity. Let us be joyous in our labour. Come on, guys, let's do this.

(I wish I could tell him the same, and I wish he would believe me.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment