Tuesday, March 25, 2014

and if you're still breathing, you're the lucky ones.

Where do I begin about the week that was my birthday week.

All my night times were full and my belly was warm with love and good food. Remember how I said at the beginning of the last week that I was afraid? Wash all of that away with love, God and birthday goodness. I had expected nothing but a pedestrian week - stressful, trying, tiring and everything in between. And yes, the week was not without it's sleepless hours (48 straight hours to be exact), not without it's moments of abstract frustration, but I soon realised that God was intent on giving me a good week.

And a good event. Everything I boast of, I boast because of Him, and I boast Him. I could have climbed a mountain on my adrenaline and on my 0 hours of sleep in 2 days. I could've.

We are the reckless; we are the wild youth. (Daughter)

And my birthday. I want to be that person who deserves all these people and their acts of love. Do we ever? Are we ever?


Birthday party thrown by this incredible warrior of a woman. When I made the decision to be randomly allocated to a room mate, I think I had in my mind the idea that I would be the saint that would cast blessings on the wretched mortal I was going to share the room with. God had other plans, and He was gentle when pointing out my idiocy too haha


Life performances + Kodaline, The Beatles and more! What more is there to say?

Birthday dinner prepared in our very own pantry (: My oh my, what friends.

So all in all, last week was golden. It was everything I never expected and everything that I can ever be thankful for. I guess sometimes there's little point in much, but God wants us to know that He loves us above all. 

And for that, we are the lucky ones.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment