Wednesday, October 19, 2016

I need to know

I'm not going to talk about/write about/draw about ting-tings anymore. Ignoring him at work takes enough effort as it is.

Work has been tiring lately. It's not the issue of the workload - honestly, most of my time at work is spent discussing (read: talking and also laughing) - so it isn't real hard work, the kind that tires you out. But mentally, it's always a struggle to keep focused, to refresh my brain every time new developments come in and to stay calm during situations where I am required to speak.

The fears are subsiding. But they're still there and I'm still largely a mute at work.

So it doesn't help that the storm wakes me up almost every night. It beats against the walls of my house, it pleads violently on the windows to be let in. And every night, I silently pray that the walls will hold and the windows will stand firm. "Protect us," I pray, "keep us safe and warm until the storm is over. Until morning comes."

And I hide in the cocoon of my blanket and drift back into another sleep of dreams. (I really do dream a lot and I love them. But I think that they secretly rob me of my sleep in the night. Science, is that true?)

Sigh, my writing is all over the place nowadays. No structure of any kind. Did I use to be a better writer? Wouldn't that be absurd? When will this Elijah thing be over? How more haphazard can this post get?

No comments:

Post a Comment